Article written by Jesse Perry (JP)

Hi there, I am Jesse Perry. I have run an IT Service business for over a decade, been working in the Computer Industry for much longer.

9 Responses

1. Gordon
    Gordon January 25, 2013 at 4:29 pm | | Reply

I am having the EXACT same issue with my 2013 EasyStart. I’ll be trying the script tonight – thanks!

2. Joseph
    Joseph June 20, 2013 at 3:19 pm | | Reply

Holy… I can’t believe i found someone who knows what I am talking about.

i came into work this morning and my 1Tb c drive was FULL, and yes it took me about and hour or two using ccleaner. to clear out the temp folder.

But now as a precaution i decided to run CCleaner a few times, but each time it returns with about 300 mb of something called dbdata.dll i am worried that this is is an issue I will be seein everyday I come into work,

You said you had a fix to this in your article? I would love to know how you killed this annoying bug.

Thanks

3. Sam
    Sam July 1, 2013 at 5:40 pm | | Reply

I just had the same issue, and this was ABSOLUTELY the right answer. Thank you!

4. Kyle Rogers
    Kyle Rogers August 29, 2013 at 2:54 pm | | Reply

Couldn’t find any dbextclr11.exe file, but did fix the problem. When re-installing quickbooks to another computer, the company file did not get copied over to the default location. Did a quickbooks clean install & used their file dr., which asked to put the company file in the propert location. No more disappearing HD space. I do however have 400GB full of phantom files I can’t seem to find.

5. Kyle Rogers
    Kyle Rogers September 5, 2013 at 9:46 pm | | Reply

So, the batch did kill it. C:\Program FIles (x86)\Intuit\Quickbooks 2013\dbextclr11.exe. Windows Diskcleanup got the rest of the temp files off. Cleared 3 PCs, over 1.5 TB of temp junk. Nobody else had a clue how to fix this. Thank you so much!

6. Eli
    Eli April 6, 2014 at 9:02 pm | | Reply

So I don’t follow, where’s the script that you ran, and how do I recreate it?

Thanks.

Please comment with your real name using good manners.